How can COATS help me?
- use the Centre to meet established friends or make new friends;
- request a lift to the Centre by telephoning 01344 773464;
- enjoy a delicious meal at a reasonable price;
- join in with any of the regular entertainment and activities offered at the Centre – these include a keep fit class, skittles, quizzes and speakers;
- receive information advice on a range of important matters relating to Senior Citizens; or
- use a number of services on offer from time to time, such as church services.
If you are the Carer of an older person you can benefit from short respite leaving your loved one in safe hands for a few hours. Please come in to have a coffee and a chat with our Centre Manager to find out more.
What does the Day Centre provide?
We open Monday to Thursday from 9am to 4pm. and Friday 9am to 2:30pm (Closed on Public Holidays) and provide:
- Fresh home cooked 2 or 3 course lunch at minimal cost. (£5). See Sample Menus.
- Afternoon tea.
- Afternoon activities: including bowls, skittles, bingo, quizzes and keep fit. See Sample Activities.
- Entertainers including keyboard players, speakers, choirs and slide shows
Help and Advice
We often sit and chat, which enables us to offer our visitors and their families help and suggest places to go for advice on any aspect of life about which they have concerns. We maintain good relationships with such as local doctors, nurses, care agencies, social services, the police, churches and Mothers Union groups.
People can either make their own way to the Centre or arrange to use the minibus owned by the Charity. Complete with tail lift, it can transport people to and from the Centre who have difficulty walking or who need to travel in a wheelchair and transfer into a seat on the minibus.
The minibus can carry up to eight passengers, or nine if no wheelchairs or walking frames are needed. We charge a small fee of £2 per return journey.
What else can we offer?
- Our own small library with books, tapes and videos/DVDs.
- A keep fit class on Thursday afternoons.
- Assistance contacting doctors or social services – Check with one of our Centre staff members.
- Two services a month, one with communion, each led by a member of the Parish Church.
Do I have to be a member to benefit?
No. The facilities are available on request for any Senior Citizen who lives in the close environs of Crowthorne.